The drills have been in the works for months, and are also taking place in Washington, DC and Albany, New York
Daily Mail: Federal authorities hold nuclear attack drills near Manhattan as North Korea shows off its military might
* Federal authorities, including Homeland Seucirty and FEMA, are participating in a four-day nuclear attack drill at MetLife stadium in New Jersey
* The drill simulates a nuclear attack on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel, which connects Weehawken, New Jersey to Manhattan
FEMA is training with local medical teams to practice their response to treating the thousands of people who would be injured in such an attack
* Conspiracy theorists were quick to call the drill a 'false flag' operation, which is an event to distract the public from a government-orchestrated attack
* They were also suspicious of the fact that the drill was taking place as tensions with North Korea escalate
* But officials said the drill - named Operation Gotham Shield - has been in the works for months
* Similar drills are also taking place in Washington, DC and Albany, New York
As Kim Jong-Un showed off North Korea's military might in a live-artillery drill on Tuesday, federal authorities just outside of New York City were testing their response to a nuclear attack.
The drill - called 'Operation Gotham Shield' - practices how federal agencies, local emergency management teams and medics would respond to the hypothetical situation of a 10-kiloton nuclear bomb exploding on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln tunnel.
On Tuesday, the second day of the four-day drill, emergency officials gathered at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey - which would be used as a decontamination and casualty center in such an incident.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: They are doing an exercise on what to do if a 10 Kiloton device is detonated. If you want to know the impact of such an explosion on Manhattan, go to Nukemap (the link is here), and fill in the details. In short .... for a 10 kiloton explosion at the Lincoln tunnel .... expect 10,000+ dead, 130,000+ injured.