Daily Mail: US warship approaches North Korea after Kim Jong Un carries out another failed missile test, just hours after Pyongyang warned it was 'on the brink of nuclear war' with the United States
* US confirmed that North Korea has carried out a non-nuclear missile launch
* Launch comes just hours after the county announced it was 'on the brink of nuclear war' as the United States stages military drills with South Korea
* The mid-range KN-17 ballistic missile was fired from a location in the South Pyeongan province in the early hours of Saturday local time
* It failed to reach the Sea of Japan but instead blew up above land
* President Donald Trump said the missile test 'disrespected the wishes of China'
* The USS Carl Vinson, US super aircraft carrier, was spotted sailing north towards North Korea in a show of force on Saturday, local time
A US warship is heading towards North Korea after Kim Jong Un carried out yet another failed missile launch.
The USS Carl Vinson, US super aircraft carrier, was spotted sailing north offshore Nagasaki, Japan on Saturday local time, in a show of force after North Korea's latest test-fire flop.
A US official said the ballistic missile, thought to be a mid-range KN-17, was fired from a location in the South Pyeongan province in the early hours of Saturday morning local time. It blew up over land before it ever reached its target of the Sea of Japan, landing around 22 miles from Pukchang airfield, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement.
It flew for several minutes and reached a maximum height of 44 miles before it apparently failed.
Read more ....
North Korean Crisis -- News Updates April 29, 2017
US, South Korea start joint exercises amid standoff with North -- The Hill
Joint US-S. Korea naval drills start in Sea of Japan amid tensions around Korean peninsula -- RT
Japan, Philippines Urge U.S., North Korea to Avoid War Brink -- Bloomberg
Duterte says N. Korean leader Kim ‘wants to end world,’ warns Trump ‘not to play into his hands -- RT
Trump wants diplomatic solution on North Korea but warns 'major, major conflict' possible -- CBC/Reuters
US urges UN to act on 'real' nuclear threat of North Korea or face 'catastrophic' consequences -- The Independent
U.S. could speed up North Korea sanctions in response to missile test: official -- Reuters
US ready to talk to North Korea -- The Independent
Top commander: Don't bet on China reining in North Korea -- The Hill
China Walks Thin Line Between North Korea and US -- VOA
Chinese paper mocks North Korea's tech prowess after failed ballistic missile launch -- CNBC
France, Japan, the U.K. and U.S. Send China And North Korea A Tough Message -- Forbes
US Official: North Korea Is Biggest Threat to Nuclear Weapons Treaty -- VOA
Don’t let North Korea’s nukes overshadow human rights abuses -- Anthony Ruggiero, The Hill
Trump Challenges North Korea In High-Stakes Game Of Risk -- Alastair Gale, FOX News/The Wall Street Journal
The North Korea Nightmare Continues -- Harry J. Kazianis, National Interest