Thursday, May 18, 2017

Kremlin Will Not Comment On The Appointment Of A U.S. Special Counsel To Investigate Russian Collusion In the U.S. Presidential Election

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov speaks during a news briefing on the sidelines of the Russia-ASEAN summit in Sochi, Russia, in this file photo dated May 19, 2016. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

Reuters: Kremlin declines to comment on probe of Trump ties with Russia

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov declined to comment on the appointment of former FBI chief Robert Mueller as special counsel to investigate alleged Russian efforts to sway the U.S. presidential election in favor of Donald Trump and whether there was any collusion between Trump's campaign team and Moscow.

"There is nothing to comment on. It is an internal matter for the United States," he said.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: I sometimes feel like I am living in a twilight world. The U.S. press and the Democrat narrative is that Russia colluded with the Trump campaign to help swing the U.S. Presidential election .... a narrative that has been ongoing since the election. But in Moscow .... a different story on Russian collusion. When I first started talking to the people that I know in Moscow on this story last year .... they just laughed at me while telling me that they never realised that they had this much power. After the US Presidential inauguration when I brought the Russian collusion story to them again .... they just rolled their eyes. In the past week .... most have been pushing the line that Putin used yesterday .... Putin Accuses U.S. Of 'Political Schizophrenia' Over Trump And Secrets (NPR). Today .... it is a no comment. I have yet to talk to anyone in Moscow on what is the prevailing opinion today .... but this "no comment" tells me that I think they are finally realising that this is a big story that will impact U.S. - Russian relations. I know that my Russian friends .... and from what I am reading in Russian media .... many see President Trump as their best chance to alleviate tensions with the U.S. and to find common ground on the big issues .... Syria, arms control, Ukraine, and preventing a Cold War II. If President Trump is gone .... all bets are then off .... and the fear is that someone like President Pence will not be as open minded as President Trump. But their biggest fear is that someone like President Obama will come to power in 2020 .... and while I tell them that there is no one the horizon who is like President Obama ..... the fear is there. My prediction for the future .... expect more "no comments".

3 comments:

fred said...

I have no comment

War News Updates Editor said...

LOL
Good one Fred.
That is also my comment in the next post.
:)

D.Plowman said...

As I said before to a friend of mine when discussing American democracy, "There's no such thing. It isn't a democracy. Trump winning the election upset the system. And in doing so, a lot of people got upset... Now they want him out. These are the very same people who ironically defend their 'great American democracy' as the greatest in the world, yet soon as someone gets into the Oval Office that they don't like, they'll be the first on the line to call for him to be impeached, removed from office or dragged kicking and screaming until a candidate they prefer is sitting in the chair.

So much for the Great American Democracy."