Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Who Would Pay $999 U.S. For A Smartphone?



CNN: Apple's iPhone X: Face ID, no home button, $999

Ten years after the launch of the first iPhone, Apple has revealed the iPhone X.

It has no home button, scans your face to log you in and costs $999.

The company unveiled its anniversary edition smartphone, alongside the iPhone 8 and its bigger sibling, the iPhone 8 Plus. To introduce the iPhone X, Apple CEO Tim Cook uttered the classic line at its annual press conference: "One more thing."

"We have great respect for these words and don't use them lightly," said Cook, adding the new phone would set the path for technology for the next decade.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: Watched the Apple live event .... and I said to myself .... no way am I going to spend $1000 USD ($1400 Canadian with tax) on a smart phone. Within the past hour I received the following texts. The GF wants one for Christmas. Her daughters (whose birthday's are coming up) want one as a gift. My brother .... who lives in Silicon Valley .... just told me that these phones would be a great gift for his family for Christmas. And 3 of my cousins in Russia want to know if I can buy a few and ship it to them. #!@$#$@#!$%

Update: Of course .... no one is offering to give me this phone as a gift for Christmas.  :(

6 comments:

Dave Goldstein said...

I feel your pain. My kids will both want one and the wife unit will want one. My feelings are mixed. I like my 7.

fred said...

I would not. But Apple belives many will and they seem to know what works for their company. Some people buy new phones whenever a newer model comes out. That is their choice. Some will spend a lot for status. That is their choice. Some folks drive Lexus cars. I do not. So it goes

Anonymous said...

My frugal Swiss friend is still holding on to her iphone 4, I don't see her getting in line for this one:)

Caecus said...

Many people, since Apple is wealthier than many countries.

Unknown said...

I have never understood the cult of Apple. A price like this just seems to me like they are saying, just what WILL these rubes take?

sajithlakmal said...

How Do You Close Your Apps Out On iPhone X

https://www.usatophub.com/how-do-you-close-your-apps-out-on-iphone-x/