Sunday, November 14, 2021

Queen Elizabeth Misses Cenotaph Remembrance Sunday Service Due To Sprain Back

 

Daily Mail: The Queen MISSES Cenotaph Remembrance Sunday service for the first time in 22 years: Renewed health fears as 'sprained back' forces monarch, 95, to pull out of first appearance in weeks at last minute 

* Buckingham Palace say the Queen will not attend the Remembrance event because she has sprained her back 

* Queen, 95, was determined to appear in person at event to commemorate those who lost their lives in conflict 

* It would have marked first public appearance since she was advised to rest following a short stay in hospital 

* The Queen has only missed six other Cenotaph ceremonies during her long reign and was last absent in 1999 

The Queen was forced to miss the Remembrance Sunday ceremony today for the first time in 22 years due to a back injury, Buckingham Palace said, adding she is 'disappointed' to miss the event. 

The palace said the 95-year-old monarch made the decision on Sunday morning 'with great regret' and is 'disappointed' to miss the event. 

Queen Elizabeth had planned on attending the Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph in London on Sunday and it would have marked her first in-person public engagement since she was advised to rest following a night in hospital last month. 

Read more ....  

Update #1: Queen sprains back, misses Remembrance Sunday service (AP)

Update #2: Queen Elizabeth II sprains back, will miss planned return to public appearances (FOX News)  

WNU Editor: The Royals are presenting a calm face to the public, but I am willing to bet that right now they are all deeply concerned. 

I should know. 

My mother is exactly one day older than Queen Elizabeth II. If my mom had sprained her back, I would be freaking out right now. 

Update #3: I was thinking the same thing this morning when I heard that she had cancelled her appearance .... 'I HOPE I'M WRONG' Piers Morgan fears Palace not telling public everything about Queen’s health after she pulls out of Remembrance service (The SUN).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched her coronation on the TV for a short while before I had to scurry off to school.
She's a class act. If I outlive her she will be missed.

Anonymous said...

God save The Queen.