Thursday, January 27, 2022

Is Iran Just Weeks From Developing The Capacity To Make A Nuclear Weapon?

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken speaks during a briefing at the State Department in Washington, Jan. 26, 2022.  

VOA: As Iran Nears Uranium Breakout Capacity, US Mulls Bomb-Making Scenarios  

WASHINGTON — With the United States warning that Iran is just weeks from developing the capacity to make a nuclear weapon, there is disagreement among Washington experts on the likelihood of Iran rushing to build such a weapon, and how the U.S. and its allies should deal with that risk. 

"[Iran] is getting to the point where its breakout time, the time it would take to produce fissile material for a bomb, is getting down to a matter of a few weeks," said U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken at a virtual event Monday. 

The U.S. and Iran have been negotiating indirectly since last April to see if they can secure a mutual return to compliance with a 2015 deal in which Tehran promised to curb nuclear activities that could be weaponized in return for sanctions relief from the U.S. and other world powers.

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: The Iranians already have the raw materials to build a nuclear weapon. The question is .... do they have the engineering know-how to make it happen. My gut is telling me that they do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corrupt regimes that suboptimize economies due to their greed and desire to keep control against the will of the p0eople can always scrape together enough knowledgeable people for such a project.

The above sounds very B Poster-ish. People are destitute in Iran, the schools do not function very well for the masses and the Iran still can get together a critical mass of scientists and technicians to get her done.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/IRN/iran/poverty-rate

https://www.eurasiareview.com/17012022-iran-poverty-increases-as-regime-mismanages-economy-oped-2/

Anonymous said...

You would think they would learn from North Korea, and the consequences of doing nothing.

B.Poster said...

I usually read the articles first before going to the comment sections. This time I did this I'm reverse. I will read the article this evening as time permits perhaps adding additional commentary at that time.

"Very B Posterish..." I'm not sure why you mention me at all or what you mean by this. For what it's worth, I believe your analysis of the Iranian government to be spot on

I will read the article later as time permits. Frankly I'm skeptical that it's going to add anything I don't already "know."

Furthermore I'm pretty sure Iran is more than "weeks" away. I fully expect Israel to wipe out Iran's nuclear weapons program before it gets that close.

I'm quite busy with work and family right now. As such, it's unlikely I'll have the time to comment further on this.

Anonymous said...

The Party is your family Komrade!

Anonymous said...

big wow said the devil its nothing new fools black sabbath and warnews live