Friday, February 18, 2022

Ukraine Defense Minsiter Oleksii Reznikov Estimates Probability Of Major Escalation With Russia As Low

Ukrinform: Reznikov: Probability of Russian invasion of Ukraine estimated as low 

Ukraine has scrutinized all possible scenarios and currently estimates the probability of a large-scale escalation of the security situation as low. 

"I emphasize once again: different data and different dates of some events and different scenarios may be announced now. The Ukrainian army has scrutinized all these scenarios and is ready for them. We do not downplay the threat in any way. But we still estimate the probability of large-scale escalation regarding the invasion of Ukraine as low," Defense Minister of Ukraine Oleksii Reznikov said during an hour of questions to the Government in the Verkhovna Rada, an Ukrinform correspondent reports. 

The minister stressed that now efforts were focused on maximizing Ukraine's readiness.  

Read more ....  

Update: Ukraine estimates probability of major escalation with Russia as low -defence minister (Reuters) 

WNU Editor: The Ukraine Defense Minister is going against the narrative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That feeling when you look around and realize that your counterparts trying to get you to join NATO are straight out of the insane asylum.

I B Poster said...

Russia's False Flag Operations Are Coming Into Play With Car Bombs, Chemical Attack Claims, And Evacuation

fazman said...

Hes in denial

Anonymous said...

B Poster is now giving himself proper attribution.

B.Poster said...

Due to work and family commitments my time to comment here is extremely limited but I am trying to keep up with these things. After all our leadership class is making decisions that can greatly affect the lives of people I care a great deal about so it is important to work hard to keep up with these things which I'm doing.

I tend to agree with the Ukrainian official that the risk of a major escalation is low at this point. The commodities markets seem to share this assessment and frankly I find the assessment of them and the Ukrainian official more credible than that of either US (un)intelligence or team Biden.

At this point, I would score this as a victory for team Biden and the US. While I don't know what the Russian assessment is, I think our leadership class would be willing to use nukes to protect their interests in Ukraine and I'm skeptical that Russia is willing to do the same. My main concern at this point is over reach on the part of our leadership class undoing their victory. Think "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."

While we cannot "know" for certain at this point, I suspect both sides will claim "victory" in the coming weeks and months but for now we avoid a shooting war. All in all I would say that's a good thing. We and our leadership class won this round assuming they don't over reach!!