Saturday, February 19, 2022

Ukrainians Fighting Ukrainians

A Ukrainian journalist has punched a pro-Russian politician in the face on live TV and put him in a headlock  

Daily Mail: BRAWL breaks out on Ukrainian TV as journalist attacks Pro-Russian politician and puts him in a headlock after he refused to condemn Vladimir Putin as troops mass on border 

* Journalist Yuriy Butusov lashed out at pro-Russian politician Nestor Shufrych 

* Shufrych had refused to condemn Vladimir Putin, sparking the violent brawl 

* The former prime minister and president of Ukraine pleaded with them to stop 

* Comes as thousands of Ukrainian refugees are streaming into Russia today 

A journalist has punched a pro-Russian politician in the face on live TV in Ukraine and put him in a headlock in front of the former prime minister in a debate over Vladimir Putin. 

The shocking brawl broke out between lawmaker Nestor Shufrych from the pro-Russian party Opposition Platform - For Life, and journalist Yuriy Butusov. 

The politician was attacked by his fellow guest after he refused to condemn Vladimir Putin, as Russian troops amasses troops on the border for a potential invasion.  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: Most Westerners do not know this, but Ukraine is a deeply divided country split along political, historical, language, and cultural lines. This type of infighting, even in the face of a possible invasion, does not surprise me.

I am now seeing this type of infighting among my own family in Ukraine. 

On my mother's side I have an aunt in Kharkiv who is hoping the Russian military moves in. On my father's side I have a cousin in Kyiv who is praying that there will be no war, but her son wants no part of this and is now getting out of the country to go back to his home in Florida  .... while at the same time his sister (who also lives in Florida) wants to rush back to Kyiv to join the fight against any invasion. 

My other relatives in Ukraine are telling me that if war breaks out, they are going to try their best to avoid the conflict. I am also sensing this among my friends and all of my contacts in Ukraine. They do not want war, but should war break out, they will try their best to lie low and hope the heavy fighting occurs elsewhere. They are going to try their best to not get involved.

This is a complete contrast to all of my relatives in Russia. They are strongly against any invasion of Ukraine. But I know the Russian mentality. If war breaks out all Russians ( my relatives included) are going to circle their wagons, and will support this invasion regardless of the cost.

Sighhh .... so be it .... I have always had the reputation of being the odd person out among my Russian relatives.

4 comments:

Jeffsmith said...

Wnu. I hope your family stays safe.

Anonymous said...

BARFSACK OCRUMBO.

NICHOLAS MADURO.

Anonymous said...

WNU Ed: None of my business, but in my opinion being the "odd person out" on a matter like this is a good place to be! Hope you keep it that way. Life is difficult enough without alienating friends and family over controversies you have you have no control over. Nasty business all around, but in the end it's not really your fight (or so I'm assuming).

Thank you for your continued reports and valuable personal insights! God bless

Jon said...

Thanks for the insight wnu. We sometimes forget that we are talking about about human beings, long lines of family history, when the global war machine is involved about to change existence once again. I think many people reading that personal insight probably had a chuckle to themselves, families are always complicated.