Wednesday, September 14, 2022

More Americans Are Having Trouble Sleeping

The Hill: Worry over the state of the world is keeping Americans up at night 

 “Everybody’s stressed and there’s lots of news. So, I think the increase in stress may be one of those things that’s causing more people to lose sleep.” 

* A new survey by Ohio State University found that close to 1 in 5 Americans have trouble falling asleep at night. 

* The survey also found that almost half of Americans scroll through their phones before bedtime. 

* Another 37 percent fall asleep with the television on. 

Two years of stressful events, including the coronavirus pandemic, have been keeping worried Americans awake. 

A new survey by Ohio State University found that close to one in five Americans have trouble falling asleep at night. 

“Everybody’s stressed and there’s lots of news. So, I think the increase in stress may be one of those things that’s causing more people to lose sleep,” Aneesa Das, professor of internal medicine at Ohio State University said in a media release.  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: The study is here .... Survey finds stress and worry over the state of the world keeps some Americans up at night

All my family/friends/and contacts in both Russia and Ukraine have been telling me the same thing since the start of the war. No one is sleeping well. And they are not alone. I would say about half of my friends in Canada, Europe and Asia are having problems sleeping. 

In my case I have no problem falling asleep. My problem is not sleeping enough. And yes .... I am deeply worried over the current state of the world.

No comments: