Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Canada Denies Arresting A Mossad Agent Involved In The Assassination Of A Hamas Official

Suspects in Dubai assassination of Hamas operative Mahmoud al-Mabhouh

Canada Denies Arresting Suspect In Death Of Hamas Militant -- Globe And Mail

Dubai’s outspoken police chief insists a Canadian security official informed him of the secret arrest of a Mossad assassin, even though Canadian officials deny having ever told him that.

“A senior Canadian security official here told me in July that they have made an arrest of one of the suspects,” Lieutenant-General Dahi Khalfan Tamim told The Globe and Mail on Tuesday.

Read more ....

Update: Canada denies arrest of suspect in Dubai assassination -- Haaretz

My Comment: I know that the Arab media is playing up this story, but I live in Canada and I have good contacts within the government .... in short, they are all telling me the same thing .... there is no truth to this story.

3 comments:

Ron said...

Does it seem to you like a continuation of the spat over landing rights and the recent disagreement between Harper's government and UAE?

War News Updates Editor said...

Thank you Rontal for your comment.

That was my first thought, but Dubai's Police Chief is an independent person, and I just do not see him as someone who can be manipulated by the Dubai Government.

Then again .... I could be wrong.

Ron said...

By now in Israel, Dakhi Halfan has garnered the reputation of an attention seeking clown once his investigation shifted from the surreal to the utterly bizarre.

He sounds like a bit of a loose cannon.

I doubt he will get first hand information of such 'diplomatic' issues... he will have to be informed via intermediaries.