Friday, October 5, 2012

Three Possible Scenarios From Iran's Currency Crisis



The Iranian Currency Crisis: Three Possible Scenarios -- Jay Newton-Small, Time

During my trip to Iran last month, the owner of a chicken shop in Shohada Square, a lower middle class neighborhood in southern Tehran not far from the bazaar, complained to me about the fluctuating price of chicken. “Yesterday, I had some orders from some regular customers. So I sold them chickens for 50,000 rials each,” he said. “But when I went to buy the chickens today, the price had spiked 5,000 rial overnight. I had to pay 55,000 rials for each chicken, so I lost some money. It would be fine if this was a one-time thing, but it keeps happening. The prices, they’ve fluctuated so much the last couple of months.”

Read more ....

My Comment: Iran has lost the economic battle .... and I do expect even more economic hardships and diffident times for Iran. But .... as long as there are men willing to suppress/imprison/and kill the regime's opponents .... the mullahs will survive.

No comments: