Monday, January 28, 2013

Helmet Cam Captures U.S. Soldier Under Fire in Afghanistan



Looking Behind The Sightlines Of An American Soldier Under Taliban Fire -- Washington Post

The video would be viewed more than 23 million times, making it perhaps the most-watched footage of the Afghan war. It began last April when Pfc. Ted Daniels pressed the record button on his helmet camera.

The device captured what he could see: a rocky Afghan hillside dotted with shrubs and boulders, a small village and no place to hide.

It also recorded sound: The pop, pop, pop of gunfire, and then Daniels’s voice.

“Hey!” he yells. “I’m moving down!”

The 37-year-old soldier pauses for a second and steps into the Taliban barrage, hoping to draw fire away from his fellow soldiers. A bullet kicks up a cloud of dust inches from his right foot. Another strikes near his left.

Read more ....

Update: Soldier Famous For YouTube Video Of Taliban Firefight Interviewed -- Stars and Stripes

My Comment:
I posted on this story a little while back .... and yup .... the video is still riveting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Soon after study some with the weblog posts on your personal internet site now, we genuinely like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark internet internet site list and are checking back soon. Pls consider my web-site likewise and make me aware in case you agree.

hard hat