Daily Mail: Pictured: Army Reservist Micah Xavier Johnson, 25, who shot 12 cops at Dallas protest, killing five, saying 'he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers' in anger over Black Lives Matter
* Man who shot dead five police officers, injuring seven more, in Dallas, is identified as Micah Xavier Johnson, 25,
* Johnson reportedly told law enforcement he was an Army veteran, acted alone and he was 'upset at white people'
* He told hostage negotiator that he wanted to kill white people - 'especially white officers'
* Police killed him using a bomb placed by a robot after a four-hour standoff near the Black Lives Matter protest
* The five casualties were all male cops; Two have been identified as Brent Thompson and Patrick Zamarripa
* Seven other officers (including two female cops) and two bystanders are among the injured
* Gruesome footage shows a cop being shot execution-style by a gunman as he rampaged through city
* Three other suspects - in addition to Johnson - were taken into custody
* President Obama reacted to the shooting expressing his 'deepest condolences to the American people'
The man who shot 12 police officers, killing five, at a Black Lives Matter protest in downtown Dallas on Thursday night has been named as Micah Xavier Johnson, a 25-year-old with no criminal history or ties to terror groups.
Johnson, from Mesquite, Texas, a 20 minute drive from Dallas, reportedly told law enforcement that he was a US Army Veteran, and claimed to have acted alone, countering reports that as many as four gunmen were involved in the massacre.
'The suspect said he was upset about Black Lives Matter. He said he was upset about the recent police shootings of black suspects. He said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers,' Dallas Police Chief David Brown revealed at a 7:30am press conference.
Read more ....
Dallas Police Massacre -- News Updates July 8, 2016
Live News on Dallas Sniper Attack -- NYT
Dallas police shooting: officials identify suspect killed in standoff – live -- The Guardian
The Latest: NAACP head calls for policies after Texas attack -- AP
Dallas protest turns violent, 5 officers dead LIVE UPDATES -- RT
Police: 5 officers dead, 7 hurt in Dallas protest shooting -- AP
Attacker in Dallas police ambush wanted to 'kill white people': police -- Reuters
Five police officers killed in Dallas, seven others wounded during shooting at protest -- Washington Post
Dallas shooting suspect stated he wanted to 'kill white officers' -- The Guardian
Dallas shooting is deadliest attack for police officers since 9/11 -- CNN
Police: Dallas Shooting Suspect Micah Johnson “Wanted To Kill White People” -- CBS Dallas
Dallas Suspect Was Upset About Recent Police Shootings, 'Wanted to Kill White People' -- NBC
Dallas shooting: Gunman 'wanted to kill whites' says police chief -- BBC
Dallas police report officers shot: 5 dead, several wounded -- DW
‘I didn’t see anybody else get shot, just cops’: Witness videos capture Dallas terror -- RT
The Dallas Shootings: What We Know -- The Atlantic
How the Attack on the Dallas Police Unfolded -- NYT
Dallas Shootings Were ‘Vicious’ and ‘Despicable,’ Obama Says -- NYT
Obama calls Dallas shootings ‘a vicious, calculated and despicable attack’ -- Washington Post
Obama: Dallas police shootings were 'vicious, calculated and despicable' -- USA Today
Obama on Dallas: 'Vicious, calculated, despicable attack on law enforcement' -- CNN
'No father should have to bury his son': Patrick Zamarripa and newlywed Brent Thompson named as first two Dallas officers killed in deadliest attack on police since 9/11 -- Daily Mail
Dallas shooting victims: Who are the slain officers? -- CNN
Pictured: Newlywed Transit Officer and Military Veteran Among 5 Dallas Sniper Victims -- Inside Edition