Thursday, July 28, 2016

Jerry Doyle Dies At Aged 60



BBC: Babylon 5 actor Jerry Doyle dies aged 60

Actor Jerry Doyle, best known for his role in the sci-fi series Babylon 5, has died at the age of 60.

Doyle appeared in all five series of the 1990s show as Chief Warrant Officer Michael Garibaldi.

He also made guest appearances on other popular shows, such as Beverly Hills 90210, NYPD Blue and Martial Law, and was the host of a nationally-syndicated daily radio show in the US.
A spokesman for Doyle's family said the cause of his death was not yet known.

Fellow Babylon 5 actor Bruce Boxleitner tweeted that he was "so devastated at the news of the untimely death of my good friend", while astronaut Scott Kelly said the news was "very sad to hear".

Read more ....

Update: B5 Creator J. Michael Straczynski's Statement On the Death of Jerry Doyle (Epic Times)

WNU Editor: I just learned this now. I am beyond shocked. I first started corresponding with Jerry when he sent me an email inquiring about this blog when I first started. This led to me being on his radio show a few times talking about the Soviet experience in Afghanistan .... and why the U.S. will fail. When he started Epic Times he asked me to be a contributor ... which I declined because of the many commitments that I was/am involved in. Over the years I have met him a few times .... had a few beers .... and enjoyed a BBQ with some of his friends at his home in Las Vegas before the 2012 US Presidential election. Disagreed with him a lot .... but his views on business and economics was one that I always valued and agreed with .... and now he is gone and the world is definitely a poorer place.

7 comments:

phill said...

WNU

Do you have any recordings of the radio show?

War News Updates Editor said...

Phil. It was 2009 .... and I was on his show 3 times. I made one recording (it is on a cassette tape). I will look for it and figure out a way to put it online. I also a few pictures of the BBQ that I attended. I will do the same with that.

I cannot believe that he is gone. His knowledge on business matters was always a treat to listen to .... especially during the 2008 financial crisis.

Sighhh .... I am going to miss his voice and take on business and politics.

Unknown said...

Jerry was really great circa 2006 to 2010. During some if not most of this time period he was better than Rush.

There are only 2 other talk show host IMO that have been so, Walter E. Williams and Gordon Liddy.

Unknown said...

Jerry said the the economy would be back around 2015/2016.

War News Updates Editor said...

Aizinio .... he was definitely on the ball during the financial crisis. No one could match his take and analysis during that time .... and he was proven right in every-way .... including the government bail-out that followed.

phill said...

WNU

I look forward to hearing the recording if you can get it to work......I'd throw a BBQ in his honor.

Enjoy the memories:)

War News Updates Editor said...

Watching a few B-5 episodes right now Phil. Sighhhh .... should go to bed.