Daily Mail: The final countdown to Rio: Adriana Lima and and Alessandra Ambrosio carries the Olympic torch as it makes its way to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue hours before the Games begin
* The Olympic opening ceremony at the Maracana Stadium begins at midnight BST on Friday night
* The action kicked off two days ago with the women's football but all eyes will be on Rio tonight
* Adriana Lima proudly held the torch before lighting a special cauldron in Praça Mauá
* Brazilian Olympian Isabel Barroso Salgado stood beneath the Christ the Redeemer statue
* Alessandra Ambrosio carried the flame on Friday morning with the help of her children
The Olympic torch has travelled to some of the most well-known landmarks in Brazil - from the Christ the Redeemer statue atop the lush green mountains to the striking Pao de Acucar or Sugar Loaf rock formation on Guanabara Bay.
Brazilian supermodels Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio have both proudly carried the Olympic torch after arriving in Rio to co-host TV coverage of the Games.
Lima carried the flame on Thursday night before lighting a special cauldron in Praça Mauá in the heart of the Olympic Boulevard.
The 35-year-old, from Salvador, shed tears after being overpowered by the emotion of the event and by the support of the crowds as the night drew to a close.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: Here is an easy prediction .... for the next two weeks this will be the number one news story around the world.