Daily Mail: Congress baseball gunman was a Trump-hating Bernie supporter: Hero cops kill white Illinois man, 66, who opened fire on Republican lawmakers on the President's birthday, leaving five injured
* James Hodgkinson, 66, died in hospital after being shot by Capitol Police at the baseball field in Virginia
* He was a staunch Democrat who documented his hatred for President Trump on social media pages
* Hodgkinson moved from his home in Illinois to Virginia two months ago and had been living out of his car
* He has a long criminal history which includes punching a woman in the face in 2006 and disrupting police
* Steve Scalise, the House Majority Whip, is in a critical condition after being shot by the gunman at 7am
* He was taking part in a GOP practice session with other politicians when Hodgkinson opened fire on them
* Two Capitol Police officers who were there to protect Scalise bravely returned fire on the gunman
* They were injured along with lobbyist Matt Mika and congressional staffer Zachary Barth but all are expected to recover
The gunman who was killed by cops after opening fire on a Republican congressional baseball practice on Wednesday, the president's 71st birthday, was a Trump-hating Democrat and Bernie Sanders supporter with a long criminal history which included of domestic violence.
James T. Hodgkinson, 66, from Belleville, Illinois, was killed by Capitol Police after firing up to 100 rounds from an assault rifle at a baseball park in Alexandria, Virginia, leaving five injured including House Majority Whip Steve Scalise at 7am on Wednesday.
Scalise's condition worsened throughout the afternoon and was deemed critical by hospital staff at around 2pm after undergoing emergency surgery on his hip.
His shooter was a staunch Sanders supporter and campaigned for the left-wing senator to get the Democratic nomination for president last year.
Read more ....
WNU Editor: A classic case of someone who got consumed with all the hate that he saw on TV and elsewhere .... hate that is on top of the hate that he already has .... and then acts on it. In the case of James Hodgkinson .... it appears that he has a long history of violence, and his current state of anger was specifically directed against Republicans and President Trump. As to what set him off to make the decision to shoot Republicans today .... who knows .... but when I look at what is on TV and in the culture right now .... specifically the recent coverage on President Trump and Republicans .... you have to wonder if it had an impact.
Update: On a side note .... Dr. Savage predicted this on his radio program yesterday .... that the current hateful and destructive narrative in many parts of the media will only put people who live on the margins off the edge. Sadly .... he has been proven right today.
More News On Who Is James T. Hodgkinson
Congressional Shooter Loved Bernie, Hated ‘Racist’ Republicans, and Beat His Daughter -- Daily Beast
James T. Hodgkinson: Illinois Man Identified as Suspected Gunman in Virginia Shooting -- NBC
Man who shot at GOP lawmakers had history of criminal run-ins -- ABC news
Who Is James Hodgkinson? Shooting Suspect in Congressional Baseball Game Named -- Newsweek
James T Hodgkinson: What we know about Virginia suspect -- BBC
What We Know About GOP Shooter James T. Hodgkinson -- NYMag
James Hodgkinson hung out at YMCA next to baseball field in weeks before shooting -- NYDaily News
Here’s what we know about James T. Hodgkinson, the gunman who shot a Republican congressman -- Boston.com
Who Is James T. Hodgkinson? -- The Atlantic