Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why January Will Be About Aircraft Carriers

USS Theodore Roosevelt – Nimitz class.

From Information Dissemination:

So the other day Yankee Sailor wrote about an article written by Professor John Arquilla about the high cost of carrier aviation. I enjoy the topic, so I blogged about the article too. If you missed it, the gist of my argument is "what a weak argument from a guy trying to sell a book." Well, little did I know but it would appear Professor John Arquilla is very well liked by many of his former students, because after my posting on the subject ran in CHINFO's daily CLIPS on Tuesday, I got fragged by friendly fire in the inbox.

I love that this guy has former students scattered across the globe who will defend a former professor who they feel has been slighted, so in the spirit of their loyality, I accept the challenge from the CDR who suggested that I quit "dumping" on the messenger and see if I can put out a better message. You want to be pissed off about carrier aviation? OK, fine, chew on this...

Read more ....

My Comment: With the new administration coming into power, everyone is now positioning themselves and their favorite program. Aircraft carriers .... the F-22 aircraft .... nuclear missile modernization .... everyone is positioning themselves.

No comments: