Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Medal Of Honor, Non-Posthumous Edition

Medal Of Honor Ribbon
From left to right,
the Army, Navy, and Air Force medals
Image from Wikipedia

From The Donovan:

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I went to a militaria show at Fort Leavenworth this weekend and had a great time, and accomplished some bloggish stuff, too.

Living here in Leavenworth, we have access to some truly significant militaria. Real living history militaria. We have LTC(R) Chuck Hagemeister and COL(R) Roger Donlon. Colonel Donlon recieved the first Medal of Honor for action in Vietnam. He was at the show this weekend, selling his book, but mostly just being there and talking to people and letting the public meet a real public treasure.

Read more ....

My Comment: My father fought with the Russian Army in the Second World War from 1941 to 1945, liberating two camps and reaching the first allied troops in Central Germany. He will always be my "Medal of Honor" soldier.

No comments: