Monday, March 16, 2009

A Battlefield Tourist Is Reporting From Afghanistan


A Battlefield Tourist: At the Front in Musa Qala

WNU Editor: I have always been a fan of "A Battlefield Tourist". When he was getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan he was limited by time to regularly post in his blog, so I stopped visiting his site. Well .... I checked out his site last night and noticed that he has been posting regularly for a while now, and it is a trill and delight to see the work that he is doing in Afghanistan.

Visit his site, and if possible donate so that he can continue the work.

A Battlefield Tour of Bakwa, Farah Province -- A Battlefield Tourist

A Battlefield Tour of Bakwa district, Farah Province, Afghanistan

Operation Pathfinder

Here are all the pictures from my time in Bakwa, Farah Province. The unit is 3/8 Marines from Camp Lejeune. While I have been putting out a lot of content, it has been tough going, so in the following weeks, please be patient and check back often. These pictures are from the second week of February 2009, and unknown to me at the time, part of Operation Pathfinder.

You can contact me at: dtate38@cox.net. You can also donate to this site using PayPal with this address. Finally, feel free to add me on FaceBook so I can keep you updated on new posts.

No comments: