Monday, April 20, 2009

Future U.S Intelligence Officers/Operations Will Now Be Constrained



Hayden: Intelligence Officers Will Be Constrained -- The Politico

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden warned Sunday morning that intelligence officers will be constrained operationally as a direct consequence of the White House’s decision to release Justice Department memos detailing interrogation techniques.

Hayden said that officers will now be forced to consider the perspectives of the ACLU, the “New York Times editorial board,” and future presidential candidates, when deciding whether or not to follow interrogation orders.

Read more ....

My Comment: If I am to apply commonsense .... if I was working for the CIA and I was directly involved in counter insurgency or counter terrorism operations .... I will be very careful on what I am doing rather than being more focused on getting the bad guys.

No comments: