Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kim Jong Il Close To Ceding Power, South Korea Says

Alleged pictures of Kim Jong-Un, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il's third son.
Photo AFP


From Bloomberg:

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il is close to transferring power to his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, a senior South Korean government official said.

Circumstances suggest the elder Kim, 68, is grooming Jong Un to take control of the communist nation, said the official, who briefed reporters in Seoul on condition of anonymity. There’s no concrete evidence the son has support from the country’s elite, which could cause a power struggle, he said.

Read more ....

Update: Meet North Korea’s New Top Cop -- The Danger Room

My Comment: When I look at recent pictures of Kim Jong Il, he reminds me of my father after he had his stroke 12 years ago. He was never the same man. I am sure that Kim Jong Il's handlers are experiencing the same thing. He will probably be the figure head for the next few years, but I doubt that he is exercising power within the government.

No comments: