Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Military Says Mental Wounds Of War Run Deep

Walter Reed Army Medical Center

From New York Times/AP:

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) -- Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, expressed frustration Wednesday with the pace of government work to heal the mental health wounds of war.

Thousands of troops are returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan with traumatic brain injuries and mental health problems such as post-traumatic stress disorder. And the military is working to stem a rising number of suicides among troops.

Read more ....

My Comment: I have lost count on how many times I have heard officials in the military and the government lambasting the care that our veterans receive .... and stating their determination to do something about it. Am I skeptical ....

Sigh .... prove me wrong Adm. Mike Mullen .... prove me wrong.

No comments: