Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Obama Aide Brutally Honest To Israel On What Are The Limits To U.S. Power In The Region

U.S. President Barack Obama delivers remarks in Washington announcing a comprehensive, new strategy for Afghanistan and Pakistan March 27, 2009. Standing behind Obama (L-R) are advisor Bruce Riedel, Commander of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen, National Security Advisor James Jones, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates.(Xinhua/Reuters Photo)

Afghan Quagmire Negates US-Iran War -- The Jerusalem Post

The US is too bogged down in Afghanistan to engage Iran militarily over its nuclear program, an ex-CIA South Asia expert and current adviser to US President Barack Obama said in Tel Aviv on Tuesday.

Bruce Riedel, a senior Brookings Institute and Saban Center fellow for political transitions in the Middle East and South Asia, addressed scholars and journalists at Tel Aviv University's Institute for National Security Studies.

He warned that the US was fighting a losing battle against Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan, and that Washington would soon have to make difficult choices on beefing up troop levels there.

Read more ....

My Comment: On the one hand Bruce Riedel's comments are brutally honest and straight forward .... on the other hand the substance of his remarks makes one realize how out of control the entire situation has become, and how vulnerable the U.S. is to an escalation of war in the region.

I am surprised that the U.S. media has not picked up on these comments .... Bruce Riedel provides a certain clarity to the dilemma that President Obama is now facing in the region, and on the decisions that he must make in the next few weeks.

As for the Israelis .... I am sure that they are interpreting these remarks as a plea from the U.S. President to not attack Iran .... and in a certain way .... to be made aware that the U.S. is not in a position to help Israel should they decide to attack Iran's nuclear facilities or to conduct any other unilateral actions. In short .... they are now alone and Bruce Riedel is the messenger that is telling them this news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just recently purchased Mt4 Protect and wanted to tell you guys about my experience with it.
I was worried about all the MT4 Trojan Horse's out there at the moment as I heard you can get them from downloading Expert Advisors from the internet.
While I don't download decompiled expert advisors the last thing I want is some hacker getting my account details and draining my forex account as I have built it up into quite a bit of money. That's why I purchased MT4 protect so it can stop my account from getting attacked. I think the price is well worth the protection I will receive
I purchased a copy at [url=http://www.mt4protect.com/] mt4protect.com [/url] via paypal and my product code was sent to me within 4 hours.
I installed it and its great It works in the system tray and scans my computer in real time to detect any attacks.
The EA optimization tool is so great - you can allocate more memory to your MT4 terminal so your trades get executed faster! There are also heaps of registry tweaks and cleanup features that have tuned up my Windows 2000 computer.
With crackers and virus attacks hitting Forex traders all the time now I definitely think that MT4 Protect is a worthwhile investment.