Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Personal View Of The AK-47 From David Axe



Sunday Gun Fun & Axe’s AK-47 -- War Is Boring

I stood on the banks of the Tigris River and listened to the report of an AK-47 echoing off the water and earth and the low farmhouses behind me, as a distant sniper took aim. It was February 2006, and one of my first up-close introductions to the world’s most famous weapon: a cheap, deadly simple assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov for the Soviet army.

Read more ....

My Comment: When I was in Russia in the early 1990s, both of my cousins had an AK-47. The opportunity to practice with these weapons was determin3ed by my willingness to spend money on ammo .... which .... much to my parents, uncles, aunts, and my cousin's wives chagrin .... was a practice that was done repeatedly.

No comments: