Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Women At War In The Israeli Military


Women At War: How Roles Are Changing -- BBC

Yael Kidron is 21 years old and a combat soldier in the Israeli Defence Forces' mixed-sex Karakal Battalion, based in the Negev desert. She argues that it is only fair to allow women to take on physically challenging army roles.

I decided to come and serve in a combat unit, because for one thing I grew up with five brothers and I needed to do something physical. It's not just sitting down and doing paperwork. I wanted to do something more challenging, and this is why I am here.

Read more
....

My Comment: She sleeps with her machine gun .... nuff said.

For more pictures of Israeli women in the military .... I have always loved this website. More here, here, and here. Video here.

No comments: