Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Pentagon's Budget Does Not Add Up

PACIFIC FLEET
The aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan travels through the Pacific Ocean with other ships assigned to the Rim of the Pacific 2010 exercise, north of Hawaii, July 24, 2010. U.S. Navy photo by Petty Officer 3rd Class Dylan McCord

Pentagon Budget Math Doesn’t Add Up -- Forbes

I was one of the lucky few invited to a private meeting with Defense Secretary Robert Gates after he unveiled economy moves in a press conference Aug. 9. It was the first time I’d been in the defense secretary’s conference room since I got in an argument with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff about the severity of the terrorist threat six years ago (he thought the terrorist danger was worse than communism, I thought having 10,000 nuclear warheads aimed at America was a wee bit more serious than having to deal with a bunch of nuts scattered across Arabia).

Read more ....

My Comment: For the past year I have been blogging on how America's budgetary woes and high deficits will impact it's military budget. Loren Thompson at Forbes also does the math, and no surprise .... she notices the same thing.

No comments: