Monday, September 6, 2010

A Look At Who Are The Foot Soldiers In Mexico's Drug Cartel Wars

José Navarrete is serving 11 years for assault and attempted murder. Photograph: Rory Carroll for the Guardian

Mexico's Drug War: 'I Shot Him In The Back And He Fell … In That Moment I Felt The Best' -- The Guardian

In the last of a three-part series, Rory Carroll asks a former gang member how he was drawn into a world of kidnapping, torture and killing

José Navarrete was 15 when he killed for the first time and it felt, all things considered, pretty good. "I shot him in the back and he fell. Then I went over and put one in his face. In that moment I felt the best."

The dead boy was also 15 and belonged to a group that had gatecrashed a birthday party organised by Navarrete's street gang. Shouting turned to shoving and Navarette decided to use the 9mm he kept in his waistband to frighten shop owners.

Read more ....

My Comment:
This monster can never be rehabilitated .... a poster child for Mexico to reinstate the death penalty. Unfortunately, this homicidal maniac .... and many like him .... will probably will be released in a few years to go back and do what they are good at. My only concern .... do not let him cross the border and have him stay over here.

No comments: