Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Evolution Of The Global Jihadist Movement -- A Commentary

Photo: Chechen commander Shamil Basayev. Photo from Sydney Morning Herald

Russia's New Age Terrorist, And What He Tells Us About The Global Jihadist Movement -- The Telegraph

Back in 2004, the Russian jihad commander who founded the organisation which carried out this week’s murderous attack in Moscow set about writing an inspirational manifesto for his followers.

He turned, bizarrely enough, to the Brazilian New Age novelist Paulo Coelho for inspiration.

“In late March of last year,” Shamil Basayev wrote in the preface of The Book of the Mujahid, “I had two weeks of spare time when I got hold of Warrior of the Light: A Manual. I wanted to derive benefits for the mujahideen from this book and this is why I rewrote most of it, removing some of the excesses.”

Read more ....

My Comment: This is one of the best commentaries that I have read on the Global Jihadist movement in a long time .... this is a must read.

No comments: