Saturday, March 5, 2011

Even In the Internet Age, Receiving Mail Is Still A Morale Boost For Soldiers



Snail Mail Hasn’t Lost Its Power to Boost Troop Morale -- New York Times

For nearly as long as there have been pen, parchment and wars, there has been military mail. Even in the Internet age, it remains a huge morale booster for troops. The mere possibility of some buried goodie in a box, or some special piece of news in a letter, still makes mail call a bit like Christmas, soldiers in the First Battalion, 87th Infantry in north Afghanistan say.

Read more ....

My Comment: I know that when I receive a regular letter from my main squeeze .... even though she can easily email it .... I feel great inside. I can only imagine what these soldiers must feel being thousands of miles away.

No comments: