Saturday, March 26, 2011

Is Google A New Tool For U.S. Intelligence?

Google: A New Tool For U.S. Intelligence? -- NPR

Traditionally, intelligence agencies have relied on top-secret information to track changes in other countries. But wiretaps and secret intercepts didn't help U.S. officials predict the Arab Spring that has brought revolution across the Middle East and North Africa.

In hindsight, officials say they could have found some clues about what was about to happen if they had read open sources more closely. Now they are searching for systematic ways to do that.

Read more ....

My Comment: I would also through in social media platforms as an ideal place for gathering intelligence. Hell .... I use it all the time for this blog.

1 comment:

Mark said...

are you kidding me? that idea is so old and behind the trend that I can´t believe they are thinking about this -now-