Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Inspectors Try To Pierce Iran's Nuclear Program

Inspectors Pierce Iran’s Cloak of Nuclear Secrecy -- New York Times

The International Atomic Energy Agency last week presented a report to its board that laid out new information on what it calls “possible military dimensions” of Iran’s nuclear program, clarifying the central issue in the long clash between Tehran and the West over nuclear technology.

The nine-page report raised questions about whether Iran has sought to investigate seven different kinds of technology ranging from atomic triggers and detonators to uranium fuel. Together, the technologies could make a type of atom bomb known as an implosion device, which is what senior staff members of the I.A.E.A. have warned that Iran is able to build.

Read more ....

My Comment: Taking 5% of the information that you have .... and trying to figure out the other 95% .... that is in essence what the job as a nuclear inspector is like when it comes to Iran.

No comments: