Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hero Gurkha Receives Bravery Medal From The Queen

Photo: Decorated: Sergeant Dipprasad Pun, 31, of the 1st Battalion the Royal Gurkha Rifles holds his Conspicuous Gallantry Cross

'I Thought I Was Going To Die... So I Tried To Kill As Many As I Could': Hero Gurkha Receives Bravery Medal From The Queen -- The Daily Mail

* Corporal Dipprasad Pun defeated more than 30 Taliban fighters single-handedly

* Used the tripod of his machine gun to beat away a militant after running out of ammunition

A Gurkha soldier who single-handedly defeated more than 30 Taliban fighters has been awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross by the Queen.

Corporal Dipprasad Pun, 31, described how he was spurred on by the belief that he was going to die and so had nothing to lose in taking on the attackers who overran his checkpoint in Afghanistan.

His gallantry award is second only to the Victoria Cross - the highest honour for bravery in the face of the enemy.

Read more ....

My Comment: There is nothing more that I can add to such a story except that legend of the Gurkhas being incredibly brave soldiers continues.

No comments: