Thursday, July 21, 2011

Safety Advice For U.S. Soldiers And Contractors

The US is experiencing one of the biggest influxes of returning soldiers since Vietnam 40 years ago, some of whom are struggling to fit back into civilian life. Here two soldiers use the automated walkway at the Philadelphia International Airport. Alfredo Sosa/Staff

Some Safety Advice For The U.S. Military -- Jeffrey Goldberg, The Atlantic

A couple of nights ago, I was hanging around a major Middle Eastern airport, on a long layover. I had just come from Islamabad (yes, I realize I didn't share the information that I was in Pakistan with Goldblog readers while I was there -- trust me, it was for my own good) and was waiting for a flight to the States, and I began to notice something very troubling (I'm not naming the airport, the airline or the flight number for reasons that will become clear).

Read more ....

My Comment: Sound advice .... but no one is going to listen, especially the 'young-ones'..

No comments: