Wednesday, July 6, 2011

U.S. Officials Behind 'Fast And Furious' Gun Sales Should Be Tried In Mexico

U.S. Officials Behind 'Fast and Furious' Gun Sales Should Be Tried in Mexico, Lawmaker Says -- FOX News

While the investigation continues into the U.S. operation that helped send thousands of guns south of the border, Mexican lawmakers say they'll press for extradition and prosecution in Mexico of American officials who authorized and ran the operation.

"I obviously feel violated. I feel my country's sovereignty was violated," Mexico Sen. Rene Arce Islas told Fox News. "They should be tried in the United States and the Mexican government should also demand that they also be tried in Mexico since the incidents took place here. There should be trials in both places."

Read more ....

My Comment: I agree with the Mexican Senator. Something has to be done to make people in public positions accountable for the actions that they undertake, and in the Fast and Furious program these "stupid" actions resulted in the deaths of some very good people. But .... I expect that no one will be held accountable and no one will be punished for this program.

No comments: