Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Disappointing News Coverage Of The Libyan Civil War

Photo: Brave: Sky's Alex Crawford wears a helmet and bullet proof vest as she reports from Tripoli

'Gaddafi-Friendly' BBC Blown Out Of The Sky With Coverage Of Libya Conflict -- BBC

So much for August being the 'silly season' when there isn't much in the way of news. This week has seen history in the making with the liberation of Tripoli. That is what 2011 will be remembered for above all else.

It is at such times that the rolling news channels come into their own. I channel hopped between BBC News and Sky News. At least I did initially. But it soon became apparent that the BBC coverage was worthless. It was hours behind.

Read more ....

My Comment: I concur. I was following the news from Libya on both the BBC and CBC .... I noticed right away that the BBC was a few hours behind the curve.

No comments: