Monday, September 5, 2011

America's Growing Private Security Business

After 9/11, Security Guard On High Alert At Golf Course -- Washington Post

“One,” Chris Stegherr says as he breaks his staring contest with a young doe.

He’s alone out here along the Potomac River, the only light a pure white gleam of moonshine, occasionally augmented by the flashlight he keeps on his black security belt, next to his Glock 9mm, Mace and handcuffs. His mission, as he calls it, is to watch, to be here if something bad happens, to patrol these 600 acres of manicured land with the same hypervigilance he once displayed as a Marine stationed in Iraq.

Read more
....

My Comment: I tend to lean more on the belief that America's security business is growing over fears of crime .... not terrorism. But if I am in the business, and fears over terrorism gets me contracts .... I am all for it.

No comments: