Tuesday, September 6, 2011

President Bush: Experienced No Pleasure About Bin Laden's Death



Bush: No Sense Of Jubilation About Bin Laden's Death -- CNN

(CNN) -- Former President George W. Bush says he experienced no pleasure when he heard about the death of Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader responsible for orchestrating the deadly terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

"He was sitting in a restaurant in Dallas when the Secret Service told him that President (Barack) Obama wanted to speak to him. He then learned about the assassination," documentarian Peter Schnall told CNN in an interview set to air Monday.

Bush "said to us certainly there was no sense of jubilation (and) certainly no sense of happiness," Schnall stressed. "If anything, he felt that finally there was a sense of closure."

Read more
....

My Comment: President Bush's comments remind me of what my father said when I asked him a few years ago on what were his thoughts when he learned that Hitler was dead. He had fought for 4 years against the German Army (he was in the Soviet Army) .... and he was in Germany when news of Germany's surrender reached him. He answered like President Bush .... he felt that there was now a sense of closure, but he wished that Hitler was captured alive and brought to trial.

What were my thoughts when I learned that Bin laden was dead. I got a text from a good intelligence source in Washington who told me that OBL was dead. I turned on the TV, but there was no reporting of this news. My source is "super-reliable", so I then immediately rushed back to my home in Montreal, and on my drive back home the radio station made the announcement. I text-ed my brother and I told him that .... " Special forces found OBL. The f___er is KIA". That night .... I had a good shot of whiskey .... and yes .... I too felt a sense of closure. My only regret .... I wish he was captured alive.

No comments: