Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meet The First Female UK Soldier To Kill In Combat Who Shot Taliban Seven Times

Terrifying account: Army medic Chantelle Taylor pictured in Afghanistan where she was caught in a Taliban ambush

It Was Him Or Me, Says The First Female Soldier To Kill In Combat Who Shot Taliban SEVEN Times -- Daily Mail

* 'Suddenly, overwhelmed by a fear that I am about to be shot in the face, I experience a massive rush of blood to the head'

A female Army medic has told of the dramatic moment she gunned down a Taliban fighter after being caught in an ambush, saying: ‘It was him or me.’

Chantelle Taylor, who became the first woman soldier known to have killed in combat, said the man was only 50 feet away and firing ‘drug-crazed bursts from his AK-47’.

The 32-year-old, then serving as a sergeant in the Royal Army Medical Corps in Afghanistan, was ‘overwhelmed by fear’ during the firefight but after a ‘rush of blood to the head’ she fired seven shots, killing him.

Read more ....

My Comment
: I am surprised that she is the first one to kill in combat .... I thought such incidents are a regular occurrence since many women are now on the front-line. Hmmmm ... I guess I was wrong.

1 comment:

Doodiepansts said...

yeah, that's kinda BS. My wife took out some guys during an ambush in Iraq back in 2004.