Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Afghan Rules Of Engagement Continue To Make No Sense

Marine Corps 1st Lt. Joshua Waddell, 25, in Sangin, Afghanistan, is executive officer with the 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Corps Regiment, from Twentynine Palms, Calif. (Courtesy photo)

Marine's Career Threatened By Controversial Rules Of Engagement -- Washington Examiner

Joshua Waddell, a first lieutenant in the U.S. Marines, appeared on his way to a stellar career as an American military officer. The son of a retired Navy SEAL commander, Waddell had won a Bronze Star during his first tour of duty in Afghanistan and had returned for a second.

Then he made a decision in combat that military experts say has severely jeopardized his future in the corps.

Read more
....

My Comment: I do not know the details of this case, but I do know that I have lost count on how many posts I have done outlining the ridiculousness (and dangers) in U.S. of rules of engagement in Afghanistan. I guess I can add another one to the list.

No comments: