Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Is A Sniper Thinking?


What Goes On In The Mind Of A Sniper? -- BBC

A young cowboy from Texas who joined the elite US Navy Seals became the most deadly sniper in American history. In a book published this month he provides an unusual insight into the psychology of a soldier who waits, watches and kills.


As US forces surged into Iraq in 2003, Chris Kyle was handed a sniper rifle and told to watch as his marine battalion entered an Iraqi town.

A crowd had come out to greet them. Through the scope he saw a woman, with a child close by, approaching his troops. She had a grenade ready to detonate in her hand.

"This was the first time I was going to have to kill someone. I didn't know whether I was going to be able to do it, man, woman or whatever," he says.

Read more ....

My Comment: I am going to get the book, but I suspect that it will only give a small picture of what Chris Kyle must have been going through while fighting in Iraq

No comments: