Monday, February 6, 2012

Russia's Elite Veterans Are Making their Political Opinions Known



Russia's Hottest Protest Song, Courtesy Of The Military Elite -- NPR

An Internet hit is becoming the anthem for Russian protesters as they march against Vladimir Putin's rule.

In the few days since it was posted, more than 1 million people have watched the YouTube video for the song, catapulting its band into sudden stardom. Yet this is no ordinary story of the latest Web sensation.

The musicians in the video aren't rock stars; they're elite veterans of the Russian army.

Read more ....

My Comment
: Russian is my first language, so it is too bad that my non-Russian readers cannot get a kick out of this video like I do. The NPR translation is OK .... it is after-all a mild protest song. Now for really raunchy Russian political protest songs, I would recommend this group .... their videos are here.

No comments: