Friday, March 9, 2012

Are We Repeating History? Is Syria 2011 Spain 1936?



Is Syria 2011 Spain 1936? -- Arnaud De Borchgrave, Space War/UPI

Is Syria's civil war a prelude to a larger Mideast conflict that would involve Israel, Iran, the Arab Gulf countries minus Oman (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain) and Israel?

Some knowledgeable military observers who have served or are serving in the Middle East say that the Arab Spring, which translated into chaos and intertribal warfare from Yemen to Libya to Syria, is a prelude to a much wider conflict involving Israel and Iran.

Read more
....

My Comment: I have always had a fondness for Arnaud De Borchgrave since the early 1980s when a copy of his book The Spike was handed to me when I was living in Moscow. Over the years I found his commentary insightful .... and sometimes correct. In today's commentary .... he is right on every point with the exception of the last one .... I personally see President Obama winning re-election.

No comments: