Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Metro: Last Light - Enter The Metro Short Film (Official U.S. Version)



My Comment:
A Russian perspective on nuclear war. On a personal note .... I found this video very disturbing. My nationality is Russian ... .and yes .... when I was young we were taught that in the event of a nuclear war, the metro system was where we had to go. As a teenager I never took this seriously .... but one day the nuclear alarm siren went off .... for your info it's very loud .... and as soon as it was activated I (and probably everyone else) was consumed with total fear. I was alone at home and too far away from the fallout shelters, so all that I could do was turn on the radio and pray that it was all a false alarm.

It's been 38 years since that event .... and it still gives me chills when I think about it.

2 comments:

oldfatslow said...

I live in Florida. I had
to take food and water to
school during the Cuban
Missile Crisis in case
my home was hit by an
atomic bomb (not sure folks
really understood how
big a blast that would be).

In Junior High, we read
_Alas Babylon_ about a
Central Florida town that
survives nuclear war.

I grew up with the Emergency
Broadcast System's radio and
TV test messages. I never
thought much about them until
1995 when I heard the EBS on
the radio say, "This is not a
test." The hair stood up on
the back of my neck. Thankfully,
it was only for Hurricane Erin
and not something more deadly.

ofs

War News Updates Editor said...

A also read Alas Babylon when I was learning English. Orion ..... you just gave me the motivation to find it online and re-read it again.