Monday, May 7, 2012

Sanctions Are Starting To "Bite" In Iran

Iranians Feeling Pain Of Higher Prices -- L.A. Times

The traditionally slow period known as Black Spring is expected to be even bleaker as the government trims subsidies and shoppers stay home.

TEHRAN — On a recent trip to a city on the Persian Gulf, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stood in the back of a pickup as it made its way through a thick crowd clamoring for his attention when an older, disheveled man began to shout at him.

"Ahmadinejad, I am hungry, Ahmadinejad, I am hungry," he pleaded desperately. The man banged on the pickup's front window to get the notice of the president, who leaned forward as the two exchanged a few words. A young woman then climbed onto the hood of the vehicle and told the leader, "I have problems."

Read more
....

My Comment: I have the philosophy that people never learn anything until it hits them in their pocketbooks. For the Iranians .... if this report is to be believed .... are now beginning to feel the impact of sanctions on their pocketbook. But is this enough to change their position on their nuclear program? .... I would have to say no.

No comments: