Monday, July 16, 2012

Iraq War Vet Jessica Lynch Comes Clean Straightens Out The "War Hero" Controversy Once And For All


I'm Jessica Lynch And Here's My Real Story -- Glamour

In a Glamour exclusive, America’s most famous female soldier straightens out the “war hero” controversy once and for all.

In April, I did something I never imagined I would need to do. I spoke before Congress about how the military creates myths exaggerating the heroics of its soldiers. It was a difficult choice—I knew I could be portrayed as unpatriotic, un-American or worse. But my reasons were personal, and profound. My capture and rescue in Iraq had been transformed into one of those myths.

There’s so much confusion about what happened to me. Here’s what I know: At the start of the war, in March 2003, my convoy was attacked in the city of An Nasiriyah. My Humvee crashed, and a few hours later I woke up behind enemy lines in an Iraqi hospital, badly injured and unable to move my legs. I was a prisoner of war.

Read more ....

My Comment:
Hooah!!!!

No comments: