Saturday, July 21, 2012

Life After The CIA



Hank Crumpton on Life After the CIA -- Bloomberg Businessweek

I grew up in a small town in Georgia and became drawn to history and geography and warfare at a young age. That fascination grew, and I wanted to serve my country and decided that the CIA was the best way to do that. I joined when I was 23. I served for two years in Africa undercover. I had a tour in Europe. I did a lot of work in the Middle East and Central Asia. The first 15 years or so was focused on the recruitment of foreign nationals to the CIA to collect secrets. I was asked to lead the CIA’s campaign in Afghanistan after 9/11. We deployed teams into the country just days after [the attacks] and routed the Taliban in less than 90 days. I was a good spy. I loved it.

Read more ....

My Comment: I suspect that the CIA is missing him also.

No comments: