Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The World Does Not Care About The U.S. Election

Why World Doesn't Care About U.S. Election -- Annette Heuser, Real Clear World

"Not really interested."

That's the refrain I have heard about this year's U.S. presidential campaign during my recent overseas travels. The indifference stands in stark contrast to the international mega-hype that the election created four years ago. Then, millions worldwide closely followed the Obama-McCain matchup. Friends, family and colleagues far and wide constantly called, seeking insight into America's upcoming vote. My e-mail inbox was flooded. As Election Day approached, it seemed everyone I knew wanted to camp out at my home to be a part of history. Even those who previously saw the U.S. as a shopping and tourist destination developed a sudden interest in the country's politics.

Read more
....

My Comment:
I live next door in Canada, and interest in the U.S. election comes only from news junkies and certain parts of the media .... beyond that .... Annette Heuser is right when she states that no one cares.

No comments: