Monday, October 29, 2012

Is Getting Married The Single Worst Thing A Young Marine Can Do?


US Marine Wedding from David Murray on Vimeo.

Getting Married Is The Single Worst Thing A Young Marine Can Do -- Business Insider

Somewhere between the peak and the valley is the normal; where a human finds themselves most waking hours.

I walked down the aisle on October 6, took the plunge, and pledged half of everything I do not yet own to my woman.

As I walked along the smiling faces I thought of all of those marriage casualties who had come before me, crawling along the sidelines and tugging at the extra fabric on my tux.

Read more ....

My Comment: Never took the plunge .... came close though (3 times over 25 years) .... and I do not have any regrets .... hmmmm .... on second thought maybe I do. My kid brother (married 10 years with two kids) has threatened to kill me if I should ever decide to go down the aisle .... :) .... if you met his wife you would understand (thank God they do not read this blog).

My dad .... a soldier who served in the Soviet Army during the Second World War .... summed it up best to his best friend who told me the story after my father had passed away. On his first day on the front he found himself in the middle of a German artillery barrage .... and all that he could think about was that he was still a virgin and if he should get killed it would be so unfair.

With such a perspective .... getting married is not the single worst thing a young marine can do .... for some .... it is the best thing by far.

No comments: