Friday, December 7, 2012

U.S. Commander Is Not Worried About China's Carrier (For Now)



China Carrier Not Worrying Pacific Commander, Yet -- The E-Ring/Foreign Policy

The top U.S. commander in the Pacific said he is hopeful China’s new aircraft carrier will join the global security architecture already in place, but conceded what Beijing decides has yet to be determined. But should Americans worry about this ship, or not?

“My assessment is that if were China, and I was in the economic position that China is in, and I was in the position where I have to look after my global security interests, I would consider building an aircraft carrier. And I might consider building several aircraft carriers,” said Adm. Samuel Locklear, commander of Pacific Command (PACOM). Locklear’s comments echo the Pentagon’s longstanding position that China’s recent military buildup should not be considered a surprise or, necessarily, a threat.

Read more ....

My Comment: It will take China a few more decades before it can even match what the U.S. has today .... but they are making the first moves right now.

No comments: