Saturday, March 9, 2013

3,000,000 Unique Visitors


WNU Editor: This is actually not an accurate number. I only put a counter on this blog a few years after I had started blogging, so I probably reached this milestone a year or two ago. Still .... it is good to "officially" see the over three million mark (and 4.7 million page views) .... a milestone that I never thought was going to be reached.

The reason why is simple .... I only started this blog to (1) work on my English, and (2) to keep current on international news and events that had a military/war angle. What I never expected was to be exposed to a community that is exciting, interesting, informative, and making a difference on issues that range from national security, international politics, and to the future of our armed forces.

If I have had a regret, it is that I do not have the time to research and write on topics and stories that no one else is covering. I am involved in other projects .... and juggling everything is sometimes very difficult. And while I do not make money on this blog .... my ads only generate coffee money .... I do love what I am doing on this blog .... and every morning when I wake up I am eager and hungry to learn more, and to post what I discover on War News Updates for all of you to read.

I have many individuals and web sites to thank in making this a successful blog in the milblog/general community .... too many to list and waaaayyyyy too many too acknowledge. Suffice it to say that you know who you are .... and trust me .... I am always surprised, humbled, and honored to receive your attention, comments, and feedback.

Update: Someone asked so here is the answer .... in my 6 years of blogging for War News Updates I have posted 45,600 stories. Yup .... that's a lot of posts for one blog .... and a total that I do not think anyone else even comes close to in the milblogging community.

Now as to the quality of my content .... cough cough .... OK .... that's another story.

2 comments:

Haruka said...

Congratulations! I've been following this blog for four years now, and I visit this everyday to read up on current news. Thank you for making the information easily available to me.

oldfatslow said...

My day is not complete if I don't pull
8-10 stories up from this blog. The
links are uniformly good: reputable
sites and top notch reporting. I can
only imagine what a drag it is on your
time to compile all these. You have
my thanks.

ofs